Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Message From Jennifer To Her Fellow N.C. Ron Paul Supporters...

Below is a message from good friend and fellow libertarian activist, Jennifer Schulz. The LPNC is so very close to regaining ballot access.

Dear Fellow Ron Paul Supporters,

I am writing you with a special request. I am sending this note to
fellow liberty lovers, because you are people I respect and I hope I can
count on your help.

Some of you may know I have been active in the Libertarian Party in the
past. I am not writing to persuade you to change political party
affiliations. In fact, I am currently a registered Republican. :-)

I am writing, because as one voter to another, I hope you agree that all
North Carolina citizens deserve to have their voices heard through the
electoral process.

The state of North Carolina makes it extremely difficult for any
political party other than Republican or Democrat to participate in
elections. Our state has almost the toughest ballot access laws in the
entire country. For any party other than Democrat or Republican to get
on North Carolina's ballot, the party must collect nearly 70,000
signatures from registered voters.

This is why I am writing you. Right now, the Libertarian Party is about
3000 signatures shy of its goal. We have only a little more time to
complete the job. Even though you are a Republican, Democrat or an
Unaffiliated voter, I really hope you agree with me that every political
voice should have the right to participate in free and fair elections.

As a favor to me, I would ask that you go to the LP Web site and
download the party's petition, sign it, and return it to the address
printed on the bottom. You won't be put on a mailing list; you won't be
called for money. The only thing that happens to the signature page is
that it is verified that you are a registered NC voter and submitted to
the State Board of Elections to qualify the political party for ballot
access.

The filing for the two major parties was completed recently and nearly
one third of the candidates for General Assembly will have no opposition
in the General Election in November. We need more options on our ballots.

I hope you will help me get my Party on the ballot so that I too can
have a voice in the electoral process this year.

Please download the petition from
http://www.lpnc.org/get_involved/ballot_access.html, sign it (and get
others to sign too, if that's possible), and please mail it to LPNC, PO
Box 28141, Raleigh, NC 27611.

If you have questions about the petitioning effort or the LP, you can
call the North Carolina Chair, Barbara Howe, at 919-690-1423. She'll be
glad to answer your questions.

Thanks for helping me out. It's important that we all have a voice in
this thing called politics. I simply want my voice heard.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Schulz

No comments: