Sunday, February 24, 2008

Political Philosophy & Motivation...

When evaluating any particular candidate, for any elective office, I believe their philosophy and motivation should be judged first. Issues are important as well, but different issues come and then they go. No matter the issue, you should already have at least an idea of where any certain candidate may stand.

Voters have the responsibility of learning these things before they enter the voting booth. My campaign is based on individual liberty and individual responsibility. I am asking voters to be proactive in defending their own lives..their own liberties, and most importantly, their own responsibilities.

Here is an introduction to my personal philosophy concerning the role of government, at all levels.

I believe our natural rights are endowed to us by our Creator. These rights also come with responsibilities. You cannot have one without the other.

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness are our natural birthrights. I have pledged my life to defend these rights. I believe that is the sacred duty of any free and honest man.

I believe involuntary taxation is theft. Taxation is merely another term for "tribute". Tribute to Caesar. Tribute to a false mortal god. I find this to be a most vile form of idolatry.

No man has the moral authority to govern me, so long as I remain a peaceable person. The fact that I do not violate the rights of others makes me a peaceable person.

The role of government is to protect our lives, liberties and property. Our founding fathers established the Republic of North Carolina to do just that. How far have we moved away from our heritage!

I believe charity comes from a free and loving heart, given by the graces of Free Will. I believe Free Will may be the greatest gift ever bestowed upon mankind. I believe that gift comes with the highest responsibility. Any abuse of that responsibility is a direct violation of Natural Law.

I trust my neighbors to live their lives as they see fit, so far as their actions do not violate the rights of others.

Like I mentioned before, this is just an introduction to my personal philosophy. I look forward to sharing more of my ideas along the campaign trail.

No comments: