Friday, February 15, 2008

Please Count To Ten And Take A Deep Breath...

My fellow Libertarians,

Today, I filed for N.C. Senate 36. I have entered the Republican primary. Since we do not have ballot access at this time, I have decided to raid the Republican ballot.

Before I continue, please allow me to make some declarations ….

I am a LIBERTARIAN, 100% Top of the Nolan Chart. I am as dedicated to the LP today as I was yesterday.

I am not a Republican. I am not seeking to reform the GOP. It is doomed and I pledge to do my part to push it over the cliff. I am commandeering a spot on their ballot. This is a measure of non violent protest. If they are going to deny my party ballot access, I choose to subvert their dated coronation process, aka the party primary.

I am a precinct leader for Ron Paul. He has asked his supporters to spread the Revolution by running for office. I feel like I owe that to Dr. Paul.

I have no intentions of resigning any of the positions I hold within the LP. I have the blessing and support of my peers in the Cabarrus LP. I also have the blessings of our Ballot Access Director, Bob Ritchie. I believe I can be loyal to the RP Revolution and the LP.

I will continue to support our ballot access via donations and labor. I am using my campaign to highlight N.C. ‘s restrictive ballot access rules.

The primary is May 6th. If I do not win, I will file for Cabarrus Board of Education this summer. N.C. “sore loser” laws do not apply to non-partisan races that have filing periods later than the primary filing period. I have already confirmed this with my local board of elections.

I understand my announcement may shock some of you. Please count to ten and take a deep breath before you start throwing rocks. For what it is worth, I believe I have done my share of the heavy lifting for the LP over the past eight years or so. I plan to continue doing just that.

Feel free to disagree with my tactics and strategy. Please do not question my allegiance to the LP.

Thomas Hill

No comments: