Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Kind Words From My Old School....

A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of returning to my alma mater, Central Cabarrus High School. I was invited to speak to Ms. Allred's AP Government class. I was a student of Ms. Allred, twenty five years ago. She invites me to visit her class at least once every academic year to talk about the Libertarian Party.

I received a thank you note from her class in the mail this week. Her students always send me a note after I visit them. I would like to share the words of her students...

Mr. Hill,

"Thank you so very much for speaking to our class! We all found you not only genuinely inspiring, but refreshingly honest and informative. Many of us have since acted on your call to research, discover, challenge, and get involved, and are still reaping the intellectual rewards. You changed the perspective many of us had on government, politics, parties and even our own beliefs. Thank you for making this year even more unforgettable."

Gratefully,
Ms. Allred's AP Gov Class

I was deeply moved by the thank you note. I love talking to young people about the values and principles of libertarianism. Activists should use every opportunity available to reach out to today's youth.

Never pass up the chance to sow the seeds of Liberty.

No comments: