Sunday, December 07, 2008

Gravel Grovels For His Own "Bail Out"...

“It’s a lot of money for us. I’m broke,” he said. “I got the IRS coming at me to pay my taxes and I got the FEC that’s holding up money that would help me pay my taxes. So I’m between a rock and hard place by the federal government.”

Mike Gravel

http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2008/12/good-news-for-mike-gravel-regarding-campaign-debts/

I had the opportunity to meet former Senator. Gravel on the campaign trail. He is certainly easy to like. I admire the times in his past, when he walked the way of a libertarian.

Presently, Gravel is way off the path.

1 comment:

Ross Levin said...

Give the man a break. The FEC has judged that it's right for him to get public funding, so he's thankful for that. He would have lived on either way, but he was just saying that he had gotten out of "a hard place."